Re: Frontpage / Dreamweaver for Linux

From: Jay Daniels (drs_at_pointyhats.com)
Date: 04/09/04

    Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2004 11:47:13 -0400
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 12:42:22AM -0700, Chris wrote:
    > pinco wrote:
    >
    > >Alexander Dalloz ha scritto:

    > >>Why should an application linked against KDE / QT not run on other
    > >>environments?
    > >>
    > >Why had I to ask if knew the answer!
    > >
    > >Thanks for helping me to know.
    > >
    > >Nino
    > >

    > Both Quanta and Bluefish are excellent code editors, and will run on
    > Fedora (in Gnome). As long as you have KDE installed, Quanta should
    > work. I've downloaded rpms for both and installed with no problems.
    > Dreamweaver and Frontpage have both been known to work on other distros
    > with Wine (see www.frankscorner.org), but apparently Wine broke with
    > Fedora, and unless I'm missing something, it's still broken. :(
    > Chris

    I would like to run wine, but the program I want to use requires IE4
    or higher. I have yet to get IE4 5 or 6 to install without a windows
    parititon. Therefore, I find wine useless.

    jay

    • Re: Is Linux always so frustating^
      ... > In these days I tried a substitue to FrontPage, but I failed to install ... Quanta should be on the CDs for Fedora. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Newby Problem
      ... > I have installed Fedora core 4 on one of my machines and all seems well ... On every package that I select I receive ... Even though they all install and work fine it is a real ... >> Yes, when I copy it on my PC, it opens properly ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 54, Issue 170
      ... I've never tried to install it with a disk ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ... Re: Linux Outlaws (Armin) ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ...
      (Fedora)
    • unsubscribe
      ... A question about procmailrc (jdow) ... Fedora Core 2 GNU/Linux on Athlon with kernel 2.6.11-1.35_FC2smp ... Subject: Generic Install ... my CPU is an Intel Pentium 4 D. It's a newer Dual Core Pentium ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: unsubscribe
      ... yum update having problems with xmms ... Re: Mozilla rpm ... Re: Poll: Customized Fedora ... this fix manually (fetch it and install it); ...
      (Fedora)