mdadm / mdmonitor

From: Al Sparks (data345_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 08/15/04

    Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2004 18:09:10 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Fedora List <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    I'm checking through some daemons that fedora starts on bootup, and
    one of them is mdadm (the service is called mdmonitor). Mdadm manages
    software raid, according to docs. If I have hardware raid instead, is
    there any value at having mdmonitor started?
      === Al

    • Re: mdadm / mdmonitor
      ... > I'm checking through some daemons that fedora starts ... > one of them is mdadm (the service is called ... > there any value at having mdmonitor started? ... Find local movie times and trailers on Yahoo! ...
      (Fedora)
    • Why do we probe option roms at 2K boundaries?
      ... interrogating a data structure stored in option-rom memory. ... Intel software RAID platform and noticed that the option-rom is no ... following changes to the mdadm probe_romsroutine: ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Motherboard with built-in RAID capabilities
      ... with mdadm and it proved to be a PITA! ... it is also software raid - but you have little control over it's ... Linux software raid, on the other side, is well documented and you can take ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Problem with sata2 and raid1.
      ... I have therefore decided to switch to the software available with Fedora ... and would like to know if the data already located on the disks is ... dmraid support and software raid. ... a real raid card with battery backed cache, you are better off just using ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: [Wylug-help] Fedora, IDE and RAID
      ... On Tuesday 27 November 2007 13:44, Gary Stainburn wrote: ... I'm just about to set up a Fedora box with 3 320GB HDDs and I want to set ... is done through software raid configured using Druid as part of the FC7 ... when I try to test the RAID by booting up with one of the disks ...
      (Fedora)