How to create a fat32 partition from FC2 ?

From: Stephane Dellacherie (steph_dellacherie_at_yahoo.fr)
Date: 09/02/04

    Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 00:10:08 +0200 (CEST)
    To: fedora-list@redhat.com

    Hello,

    I have previously installed FC2 by giving 80% of my
    hard drive to Linux. Then, I would like to format the
    remaining part of the hard drive (i.e. the remaining
    20 %) with fat32 system to install a windowsXP.

    Indeed, the windows XP that was "given" with my laptop
    refuses to be installed on the remaining part of my
    hard drive (cf. the remaining 20 %). It says that
    there are to many partitions !!!

    And Microsoft refuses (of course !!!!!) to give any
    advice despite I was obliged to buy a winXP license !

    That is why I think a solution would bet to previously
    format the remaining 20 % of my hard drive from the
    linux system with the fat32 system before trying to
    instal windowsXP.

    Thank for your advice !

    Stéph

    • >>>> INSTALL LINUX <<<<
      ... Linux Http Install Syntax ... Install Linux On Usb In Windows ...
      (comp.mail.sendmail)
    • [opensuse] Re: Suse 10.3 install - oh dear (rant only)
      ... when I share an opinion, I make an effort to do so in an unemotional way. ... Linux, and oftentimes suggest it to people who are willing to try ... is important to take into consideration not only the feedback that comes ... likely able to install the product on their own, ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: OpenQM vs. Everything Else
      ... people who "support" Linux really only install stock distros. ... Debian is simply not drama queen. ... Linux or that of people like Martin, Doug, or other "engineer" types ... U2, RedHat and SuSE: ...
      (comp.databases.pick)
    • Re: long time Linux user considering switching to OS-X
      ... > - Linux box. ... as well integrated with the MacOSX GUI (cut and paste is a bit ... than the typical Mac user. ... install gawk. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.portables)
    • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 54, Issue 170
      ... I've never tried to install it with a disk ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ... Re: Linux Outlaws (Armin) ... Fedora 9 asking for disc 1 on dvd install ...
      (Fedora)