Re: PATH variable

From: Gregory Woodbury (ggw_at_wolves.durham.nc.us)
Date: 09/08/04

    Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 02:11:32 -0400
    To: fedora-list@redhat.com

    On Wed, Sep 08, 2004 at 08:02:27AM +0200, Joachim Backes wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > can somebody tell me where the PATH variable is initially set? I'm sure, not
    > in /etc/profile.
    >
    > Regards
    > Joachim Backes

    If I Recall Correctly (IIRC)
    The initial path is setup by the login process. Then it is modified by
    the startup of the selected shell.

    --
    G.Wolfe Woodbury     `- -'
    RHCT                   U

    • service sometimes-rpc11 in FC4
      ... run nmap for a fresh installed FC4 server reports ... What's the meaning of this? ... Best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen ... Joachim Backes ...
      (Fedora)
    • Receiving duplicate email from the list
      ... sometimes get duplicate email from the FC list (the message id's are ... Did somebody make similar experiences? ... Best regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen ... Joachim Backes ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: non-commercial ssh-3.2.3, IRIX 6.5
      ... and gcc (but not mipspro compiler). ... Regards ... Joachim Backes ... >> (Address family not supported by proto ...
      (SSH)
    • Re: just for Pat - pigs and AI
      ... and I found a bottle in (IIRC) the Dalwhinnie distillery shop. ...
      (uk.business.agriculture)
    • Re: performance problems on new function-based index
      ... sybrandb wrote: ... I must precise that if you're under Enterprise Edition you must set ... In 10g, IIRC, query_rewrite_enabled is no longer necessary. ...
      (comp.databases.oracle.server)