xterm failed while vpn

From: Nina Pham (nina_at_gibbons.com)
Date: 09/09/04

    Date: Thu, 09 Sep 2004 12:14:45 -0700
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    our company linux server is running pptpd service, I vpn in to this
    server from my XP pc at home and tried to xterm(using exceed and rlogin
    protocal ) to it. It didn't display anything. However, with vpn
    connection, I can xterm to other server. I searched on the internet and
    some people also have this problem, but it's not resolved yet. Did I
    make a mistake with the configuration?