Dial up modem issue?

From: Christian Del Pino (del.pic_at_verizon.net)
Date: 09/14/04

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2004 20:02:30 -0400

    I have always used my Fedora 2 laptop on my DSL connection at home. Now
    that I am traveling, I need to setup a dial up connection, but I am
    having a couple of issues.

    I have an IBM T23 with an internal win modem, but I am using a PCMCIA
    modem that is compatible with Linux. After I setup everything through
    system-config-network and try to activate it, I get the following:

    Failed to activate net with error 8

    I have tried searching the archives, but I couldn't find anything
    similar to the error I am getting. Any suggestions?

    Thanks!

    Chris