Re: Fedora Core 2 AMD 64 Bit: good platform for heavy load mail server?

From: Tobias Weisserth (fedora-lists_at_weisserth.net)
Date: 09/27/04

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 12:15:42 +0200

    Hi,

    On Monday, 27. September 2004 04:46, Andrew W. Donoho wrote:
    > On Sep 26, 2004, at 20:19, Tobias Weisserth wrote:
    > > The server can expect more than 15.000 spam mails a day it has to sort
    > > out, so
    > > heavy and constant load can be expected.
    >
    > My FC2 x86_64 system easily handles that many emails a day. All of my
    > problems started when I added a second drive to the LVM2 partition. I
    > expect that if you use traditional partitioning that you will not see
    > this problem. Stay tuned, I should have a few more reports soon.

    This is good. Please keep reporting :-) Did you experience any stability
    issues as sudden system freezes and the likes? I really need high uptimes.

    I guess I will work with software RAID as I've had good experience with it.
    LVM is on my "to learn" list but I haven't really seen any advantage of it
    that would make me run and scream ;-)

    regards,
    Tobias