LVM2 Snapshots causing reboot problems.

From: Douglas Furlong (
Date: 09/28/04

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <>
    Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 16:46:57 +0100

    I'm currently experimenting with LVM2 snapshots to aid in backup
    solutions in the office, and also to offer, daily snapshots for say of a
    week so that accidental deletion or unwanted file changes can be
    recovered without requiring a restore from tape.

    I can get the snap shots working with out a problem, however on a reboot
    I run in to an error where the LVM snapshots are not available, and I am
    forced to go in to the recovery/administration mode (entering the root

    With a little bit of googling I found this post which I think may be
    related, however I was unable to find any mention of it in bugzilla (I
    may just be a dummy).

    Has any one else had this problem, or does any one know the relevant
    bugzilla entry so that I can track this issue?

    Douglas Furlong
    Systems Administrator
    T: 0870 420 4475	F: 0870 220 2178

    fedora-list mailing list