Re: IP Forwarding

From: Paul Howarth (paul_at_city-fan.org)
Date: 10/11/04

    Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2004 09:54:48 +0100
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Juan L. Pastor wrote:
    > My network setup is a Fedora Core 2 (192.168.1.2) and a Windows 2000
    > (192.168.1.3) boxes connected to two ports in an ADSL router
    > (192.168.1.1). I guess I don't need IP forwarding on my linux machine. I
    > know that with the command "echo 0 > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward" I
    > can turn it off.
    >
    > What is the right place to add this command to keep it on reboot?
    > rc.local?
    >
    > Can it be turned off through any configuration tool?

    Just add a line

    net.ipv4.ip_forward = 0

    to /etc/sysctl.conf if it's not already there (which it usually is by default).

    Paul.

    • IP Forwarding
      ... boxes connected to two ports in an ADSL router ... I guess I don't need IP forwarding on my linux machine. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Forwarding by source IP: Linksys BEFSX41?
      ... I asked here about routers that support forwarding based on the ... but I could set up packet filters for four specific ... > ports, then forward each to the appropriate PC. ... it appears Filters also preempt "Block WAN Requests." ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Request for help: troubleshooting pcAnywhere with TZO + Linksys
      ... successfully forwarding ports 8000, 8001 and 8080 to my Web server, ... and despite the fact that the router's Port Forwarding configuration ... >>Tried connecting to the pcA host via a pcA remote from another one of ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Computer Misuse Act
      ... such a complex setup working. ... the ADSL router that Fred bought. ... Now Mal can try knocking at the door of the ports he has set up to ... enabled file sharing ... ...
      (uk.legal)
    • NATD and Passive FTP
      ... I'm trying to get a passive ftp server running and failing miserably. ... I've forwarded all ports on the ADSL router so it's effectively in DMZ ... mode (it doesn't actually have a DMZ mode but forwarding 1-79, 81-9999, ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)