Has anyone installed ns-2.1b8 in fedora core 2

From: Wei Wei (derekwei77_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/15/04

    Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 22:59:23 -0700
    To: fedora-list@redhat.com

    I want to install ns-2.1b8a in fedora core2. The gcc-3.3.3 with fedora
    can not compile
    it successfully, which is a problem with the old version of ns.
    I reinstall gcc-2.95.3. The compilation is successful, however during the
    link step, I encountered the following error. Actually almost every .o file
    complains "undefined reference"
    (Here is a small part of the error messages.)

    I've searched the web, found two similar prob.s, but couldn't find the answer.
    I guess it has something to do with the Tcl/Tk not being able to be read.
    Any advice is appreciated. Thanks,

    Derek

    tclAppInit.o(.text+0x155): In function `Tcl_AppInit':
    : undefined reference to `Tcl::init(Tcl_Interp *, char const *)'
    tclAppInit.o(.text+0x165): In function `Tcl_AppInit':
    : undefined reference to `EmbeddedTcl::load(void)'
    tclAppInit.o(.text+0x175): In function `Tcl_AppInit':
    : undefined reference to `EmbeddedTcl::load(void)'
    tclAppInit.o(.text+0x17d): In function `Tcl_AppInit':
    : undefined reference to `init_misc(void)'
    tclAppInit.o(.text+0x1da): In function `abort':
    : undefined reference to `Tcl::evalc(char const *)'
    tclAppInit.o(.Tcl::gnu.linkonce.t.instance(void)+0x4): In function
    `Tcl::instance(void)':
    : undefined reference to `Tcl::instance_'
    random.o(.text+0x2a): In function `random':
    : undefined reference to `_Unwind_Resume'
    random.o(.text+0x35): In function `random':
    : undefined reference to `__cxa_call_unexpected'
    random.o(.eh_frame+0x12): undefined reference to `__gxx_personality_v0'

    • Cant compile Fortran in Fedora 7
      ... I am using Fedora 7 with all of the updates applied. ... This is an AMD Athelon computer. ... The following is about the simplest Fortran program possible. ... The third to the last line has an undefined reference and I don't know how to resolve it. ...
      (Fedora)
    • redhat9 gcc sqrt(n)
      ... When I compile with gcc and use the function sqrtit returns ... <undefined reference to 'sqrt'>. ... When I compile the same code with g++ compilation is successful - no ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Prolog & C linking Problem
      ... >> I am trying to compile Prolog and C using plld. ... PL_initialise_ is an undefined reference ...
      (comp.lang.prolog)
    • Re: error message while compiling engdemo.c
      ... As I have never done it before, I try to compile examples given on the matlab documentation: ... engdemo.c:: undefined reference to `engPutVariable' ... engdemo.c:: undefined reference to `engEvalString' ... For Fortran, follow similar steps as above but select the Fortran compiler and use the appropriate Fortran engmatopts.bat file. ...
      (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
    • How can I compile PF without option PFIL_HOOKS defined in the kernel conf file?
      ... kernel conf file to try to get PF compile into the kernel, ... PF failed to compile; ... : undefined reference to `pfil_head_get' ... Will this fix the problem? ...
      (comp.unix.bsd.openbsd.misc)