Re: Logitech MouseMan Wheel Mouse and xorg

From: Mark A. Hoover (mahoover_at_ispaceonline.org)
Date: 10/17/04

    Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 01:13:20 -0400
    To: fedora-list@redhat.com

    Update:

    I found out there's a 2.6.8 RPM in the updated that up2date wasn't
    showing as a "skipped" package. So I upgraded to that and the mouse
    works now as long as I don't plug in the USB IR sensor for my TV remote
    (no big loss as I haven't used it since leaving Windows).

    I have run into the 2.6.8/nVidia 6111 driver issue. From what I hear
    2.6.9 might resolve this, but I'm working right now off the 2D nv driver
    and that's where I think I'll stay at least for tonight.

    Mark A. Hoover wrote:
    > I decided to bite the bullet today and upgrade from FC1 to FC2. When I
    > did so, I found that my Logitech MouseMan Wheel Mouse stopped working.
    > I've spent most of this afternoon Googling to see what I could find, but
    > all I'm finding is mentions of the issue and nothing on a solution, so
    > I'm hoping someone here has the solution.
    >
    > This is what kudzu shows:
    > -
    > class: MOUSE
    > bus: PSAUX
    > detached: 0
    > device: input/mice
    > driver: generic3ps/2
    > desc: "ImExPS/2 Generic Explorer Mouse"
    > -
    >
    > dmesg:
    > mice: PS/2 mouse device common for all mice
    > serio: i8042 AUX port at 0x60,0x64 irq 12
    > input: PS/2 Generic Mouse on isa0060/serio1
    > serio: i8042 KBD port at 0x60,0x64 irq 1
    > input: AT Translated Set 2 keyboard on isa0060/serio0
    >
    > /etc/X11/XF86Config:
    > Section "InputDevice"
    > Identifier "Mouse0"
    > Driver "mouse"
    > Option "Protocol" "ImPS/2"
    > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
    > Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
    > Option "Emulate3Buttons" "no"
    > EndSection

    • Re: In search of a better line driver
      ... >the package to drive several others in parallel, ... >gates are used, lot variations in the output impedances of the gates can ... The thing is so small I can hardly solder it. ... I have a little general purpose line driver board I made using ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • In search of a better line driver
      ... gates are used, lot variations in the output impedances of the gates can ... I haven't tried using only a 74HC14 package with some parallel gates, ... I have a little general purpose line driver board I made using ... same perhaps with the Fairchild chips. ...
      (sci.electronics.design)
    • Re: Another Linux Myth Exposed - Hopeless at playing music ..
      ... But I can't get sound working on either machine. ... and says it is configured with driver snd-emu10k1. ... I look at the descriptions in the package manager at ... the moment and it takes care of the dependencies. ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: Image pushing failing after minint folder has been installed.
      ... Initially I did have that problem but once I pointed the package to the ... like windows PE doesn't have the correct driver. ... nic driver to the following folders in the Customwinpe folder in my sms ...
      (microsoft.public.sms.tools)
    • Re: New to Linux, not to *nix, having problems xdm, ups, ntp
      ... I can't get xdm or gdm to run on the local console, ... How can I check if the nv driver is loaded? ... >> open the embedded JAR files), and when I try the rpm package, rpm ... but I'm guessing none of them actually install the package. ...
      (alt.linux)