recompile kernel

From: adel.essafi (adel.essafi_at_laposte.net)
Date: 10/19/04

    Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 02:22:38 +0200
    To: "fedora-list" <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Hi list
    I need help. It is the first time that I recompile the kernel. I want to make a new configuration to make my system (linux FC1) know the NTFS fs. I have done make menuconfig and select NTFS (not as module nut with the symbol (*)).
    Next I have done these steps

       11 make dep
       12 make clean
       14 make bzImage
       15 cd arch/i386/boot/
       17 cp bzImage /boot/vmlinuz-adel
       18 cd /boot/
    19 mkinitrd /boot/initrd-adel.img vmlinuz-adel
       23 cp /usr/src/linux-2.4/System.map /boot/System.map-adel

    so I obtained this message

    /lib/modules/vmlinuz-adel is not a directory.

    Note also the make modules have failed also!!!
    Please help
      Accédez au courrier électronique de La Poste : www.laposte.net ; 3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)