x86_64 and Gnome battstat applet

From: Jonathan Berry (berryja_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/24/04

    Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:47:25 -0500
    To: FedoraCoreList <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Hi,
    I'm running FC2 for x86_64 on my laptop and have been trying to find a
    battery monitor for the Gnome desktop. I have the gnome-applets
    package installed, and from looking around some it seems that FC2 does
    not include the battstat applet in this package on the x86_64
    architecture for whatever reason. I have talked with someone who has
    it for the amd64 version of Debian, so is there a reason that FC2 did
    not include it? Is there some way to get it? Will FC3 have this? I
    have tried installing from RPM and source several different ways, but
    I can't seem to get all the dependancies right for it to
    install/compile. Are there alternate programs that anyone is using
    with Gnome and x86_64?
    Thanks,
    Jonathan