x86_64 and Gnome battstat applet

From: Jonathan Berry (berryja_at_gmail.com)
Date: 10/24/04

    Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:47:25 -0500
    To: FedoraCoreList <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Hi,
    I'm running FC2 for x86_64 on my laptop and have been trying to find a
    battery monitor for the Gnome desktop. I have the gnome-applets
    package installed, and from looking around some it seems that FC2 does
    not include the battstat applet in this package on the x86_64
    architecture for whatever reason. I have talked with someone who has
    it for the amd64 version of Debian, so is there a reason that FC2 did
    not include it? Is there some way to get it? Will FC3 have this? I
    have tried installing from RPM and source several different ways, but
    I can't seem to get all the dependancies right for it to
    install/compile. Are there alternate programs that anyone is using
    with Gnome and x86_64?
    Thanks,
    Jonathan

    • Re: nightmare...
      ... I got sick and tired of FC2. ... > re-install Windows XP. ... > installing Suse Linux, I even removed the entire swap ... the output of fdisk, thus your partition table. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Problem with fresh update of RH9-> FC2 ... net card driver fails
      ... I have recently moved to FC2 from RH9. ... The system is dual-boot with WinXP, and had data on the home partition I ... tried installing from the HD. ... I'm new to working with hardware drivers, so be gentle with me please ...
      (Fedora)
    • Firefox installation brings down Debian X: libXext.so.6
      ... I have been wrestling with a Debian Woody installation, ... Gnome desktop manager. ... and installing via dpkg on the command line of a root ... "libXext.so.6" I rebooted to find that the gdm (Gnome Desktop ...
      (comp.os.linux.x)
    • Re: nightmare...
      ... I got sick and tired of FC2. ... > re-install Windows XP. ... > installing Suse Linux, I even removed the entire swap ... So you've installed Fedora Core 2 and now you can't boot into Windows ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: firefox cannot be killed, and more...
      ... I had problems after installing enlightenment, I think it's a clash in ... Simple workaround I did was to create another user, run JDS as one user and enlightenment as the other. ... Try creating 2 new users run JDS as one user and anyother gnome desktop as the other. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)