Re: How are fedora kernels modified from vanilla kernels

From: Thomas Cameron (thomas.cameron_at_camerontech.com)
Date: 10/24/04

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 15:57:59 -0500

    On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 11:59 -0700, Douglas Phillipson wrote:
    > Alexander Dalloz wrote:
    > > Am So, den 24.10.2004 schrieb Douglas Phillipson um 20:32:
    > >

    > >>How are fedora kernels different from kernel.org vanilla kernels?
    > >

    > > They are heavily patched.
    > >

    > Are these patches for security, stability or what? Are any of the
    > patches rolled back into future vanilla kernels?
    >

    > Doug P

    Yes, yes and yes. :-)

    --
    A: Because people read from top to bottom.
    Q: Why is top posting bad?

    • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
      ... >>> I looked at the Microsoft Security Website. ... >> before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... >> new patches that are missing, ...
    • RE: Patching
      ... There seems to be at least 5 or 6 new vulnerabilities released on ... As information security people, ... at those patches you need for what you do have running. ... network analyzers. ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: Anyone know why the Alpha market is so so quiet?
      ... this with all of the Windows security patches. ... Because if those systems where running Linux - how many security ... With 5-20 Linux (and Windows) security patches being released each ... have they told you was behind their decision to turf VMS out? ...
      (comp.os.vms)
    • [Full-Disclosure] Security Vulnerabilities in MediaBase Apache and PHP on IRIX
      ... Security Vulnerabilities in MediaBase Apache and PHP ... Patches from Kasenna Support Website ... be implemented on ALL vulnerable SGI systems. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • Re: the exploit that wasnt
      ... brought Microsoft into a security discussion about Mac OS X. ... "It's not hard to secure a PC. ... But I don't have to secure my Macs. ... The number of security patches, ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)