Re: Hard disk parts

From: Charles Curley (charlescurley_at_charlescurley.com)
Date: 12/28/04

    Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 08:03:12 -0700
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 05:29:03PM +0300, Tammar K. Ajam wrote:
    > Hi, to all.
    > I have two hard drives. one of them is for Windows XP installation and
    > the other is for Fedora 3 installation.
    > Each boot loader for the two system reside in the same MBR where the
    > system installed. i mean each system has its own hard disk.
    > each time i run Partition magic 8 under windows it's report that the
    > Hard disk two (The Fedora hard disk installation) is damage.
    > Partition magic work fine with Fedora core 1,2 and Redhat 9.
    > i try to use the ext2 but the same thing happen to me.
    > So is the problem with the boot loader.
    > dose this problem will damage my hard drive. or it's safe and a normal
    > state.

    You are probably fine.

    There is no standard for hard drive partitioning (and some companies
    wouldn't follow it if there were one), so there are variations.

    In general, check partitions for a given OS with that OS's
    tools. Check your Windows HD with Windows tools, and your Linux HD
    with Linux tools. However, there are three different versions of fdisk
    for Linux, and they may report different results on the same
    partitions.

    • Re: dual boot system returns grub rescue> prompt
      ... The win7 booting disk won't load beyond the windows start screen and fedora 17 installation reports several errors. ... I have run a distro where update-grub actually ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • Re: OE wont start after upgrading to WinXP from Win98 SE
      ... Do you have a Windows 98 or ME installation CD? ... Something about how they allegedly install their hard drives in ... That was until I tried to access my mail via Outlook ...
    • Re: Re: Hard disk parts
      ... >> I have two hard drives. ... >> the other is for Fedora 3 installation. ... >> each time i run Partition magic 8 under windows it's report that the ... >> Hard disk two (The Fedora hard disk installation) is damage. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: new hardware, now windows wont boot
      ... quite a change to expect windows to adapt to. ... boot logging doesn't work. ... > installation is still using the wrong drivers. ... > installation with all my stuff on two hard drives in the same computer. ...
    • Re: Windows Upgrade problem
      ... request to put in a CD of a previous version of Windows. ... I clicked Upgrade, because I thought I was only adding some extra features my ... a small meter shows how much time remains in the installation. ... hard drives, the one I tried to do the upgrade on, it's "Documents ...