Re: OT: Fedora and RHCE

From: Chadley Wilson (chadley_at_pinteq.co.za)
Date: 01/21/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 07:10:48 +0200

    On Wed, 2005-01-19 at 12:55 -0800, Richard S. Crawford wrote:
    > There appears to be a slight chance that I may be able to talk my employer
    > into paying for an RHCE certification for me. I can't deny that that
    > would be cool; however, since we're a Fedora shop, I wonder if it would be
    > at all useful? It is strange that they'd be willing to pay for an RHCE,
    > but not RHEL.
    >
    > Thoughts, anyone?
    >
    > --
    > Sláinte,
    > Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)
    > http://www.mossroot.com http://www.stonegoose.com/catseyeview
    > "We live as though the world were how it should be,
    > to show it what it can be."
    > --"Angel", Season 4 ep. 1

    I have done the course and you must just check which version of redhat
    the course offers, you will be able to do much of it with fedora, But
    remeber you will have seek out and install the services that redhat
    uses.

    All-in-all the RHCE is time based and if your not fully up to speed DO
    NOT write that exam.
    If you make a mistake like me, where I misunderstood the question and
    only realised after completing a few more questions, by the time I had
    fixed the bugger up and almost caught up I ran out of time.

    I still Qualified as a RHCT but will have to rewrite the whole exam if I
    want to be Qualified as an RHCE.

    Cheers
    Chad

    • Re: OT: Fedora and RHCE
      ... zillion network based installs, lots of LUG activity, lots of ... measure, but critical for an exam, especially a costly one. ... It is strange that they'd be willing to pay for an RHCE, ... > I have done the course and you must just check which version of redhat ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Difference between RHEL 5.x and RHEL6 (training question)
      ... Aside from the Red Hat ... documentation, you could look at each Fedora release since Fedora Core ... the documentation I can find now is tailored towards RHCE for RHEL6. ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: Fedora and RHCE
      ... Subject: OT: Fedora and RHCE ... RHEL 4 is based on FC2/3 technology. ... Red Hat way on RHEL 4, you will gain valuable knowledge on FC as well. ...
      (Fedora)
    • FreeSWAN on RHWS/PW
      ... Fedora? ... Any anecdotal evidence will be greatly appreciated. ... Jason Dixon, RHCE ...
      (RedHat)
    • Re: RHCE life cycle
      ... > There have been a few questions surrounding the RHCE life cycle and how ... > it relates to Fedora and RHEL. ... All training will be rolled over to RHEL 3 base this fall." ... > this did come from a well-trusted Red Hat person. ...
      (RedHat)