Re: ati_remote weirdness

From: Tim Fenn (fenn_at_stanford.edu)
Date: 01/30/05

    Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2005 11:33:41 -0800
    To: fedora-list@redhat.com

    On Sat, Jan 29, 2005 at 06:22:46PM -0800, Tim Fenn wrote:

    > codes 114 and 115 appear correctly, but the channel down/up press
    > (code 402/403) isn't recognized correctly.

    After fiddling with this a bit more, it seems X doesn't recognize
    events with keycodes higher than 255. I haven't rigorously verified
    this, but its also apparent when analyzing the xmodmap -kpe output -
    only keycodes up to 255 are reported. So I hacked ati_remote.c so the
    channel down/up buttons emitted the KEY_PAGEDOWN and KEY_PAGEUP
    keycodes (99 and 105 instead of 402/403), rebuilt the module, and I'm
    happy now.

    I guess other people may suffer from this problem, so I'd consider
    this a bug, neh?

    Regards,
    Tim

    --
    Morals?  I eat communism and $h!t America, brother.  --Seanbaby