Re: How can I install & configure WINE under FC3?

From: Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford_at_mossroot.com)
Date: 02/03/05

    Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:10:27 -0800 (PST)
    To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Samuel Díaz García said:
    > I was installed WINE, but I don't know how I can configure to install
    > windows applications and run them after.
    >
    > Any help? Any interesting links?
    >
    > Had anybody used wine to install and play StarCraft?
    >
    > I had reading about a wine "clone", but I want use wine.

    I was able to download and install the latest Wine build from the Wine
    website, http://www.winehq.com/site/download-rh. There is a Fedora Core 3
    build on that page. Download the rpm and install it with rpm -ivh.

    I've only installed a couple of programs under Wine. I downloaded the
    .exe install executables (or inserted the Windows CD), cd'ed to the
    directory where the install file was, and entered:

    $ wine ./install.exe

    (or whatever the install file is called.)

    The first time you run it, I believe, it creates the drive_c directory
    under ~/.wine where future programs will be installed. When I run Remote
    Admin Viewer on my FC3 box to view a Windows desktop at work, I run:

    $ wine /home/richard/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Radmin/radmin.exe

    This is all just stuff I figured out on my own, so I probably have gotten
    something wrong somewhere. radmin.exe is the only program I've managed to
    get working under Wine so far; I haven't tried running any games.

    Hope that helps.

    --
    Sláinte,
    Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)