Re: How can I install & configure WINE under FC3?

From: Richard S. Crawford (rscrawford_at_mossroot.com)
Date: 02/03/05

    Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 15:10:27 -0800 (PST)
    To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Samuel Díaz García said:
    > I was installed WINE, but I don't know how I can configure to install
    > windows applications and run them after.
    >
    > Any help? Any interesting links?
    >
    > Had anybody used wine to install and play StarCraft?
    >
    > I had reading about a wine "clone", but I want use wine.

    I was able to download and install the latest Wine build from the Wine
    website, http://www.winehq.com/site/download-rh. There is a Fedora Core 3
    build on that page. Download the rpm and install it with rpm -ivh.

    I've only installed a couple of programs under Wine. I downloaded the
    .exe install executables (or inserted the Windows CD), cd'ed to the
    directory where the install file was, and entered:

    $ wine ./install.exe

    (or whatever the install file is called.)

    The first time you run it, I believe, it creates the drive_c directory
    under ~/.wine where future programs will be installed. When I run Remote
    Admin Viewer on my FC3 box to view a Windows desktop at work, I run:

    $ wine /home/richard/.wine/drive_c/Program\ Files/Radmin/radmin.exe

    This is all just stuff I figured out on my own, so I probably have gotten
    something wrong somewhere. radmin.exe is the only program I've managed to
    get working under Wine so far; I haven't tried running any games.

    Hope that helps.

    --
    Sláinte,
    Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)

    • RE: Lost My Desktop
      ... Some of this does not apply if you have Windows XP SP2. ... Make sure of these settings and nothing will install without you ... Enable Install On Demand (Internet Explorer) ... [[Specifies to automatically download and install Web components if a Web ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: FTC Complaint filed
      ... There is no way to limit what M$ wants to install on your system because they hide the descriptions, ... And they don't need that particular download at all to put more copy protection code on your pc. ... I have long said, in my opinion and pre-Vista, that Windows 95 was the best OS Microsoft ever made. ... should be with your PCB software maker. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsmedia.player)
    • Re: 16 Bit Error
      ... Something was wrong with the download. ... was just lumped in with whatever the Repair Install did. ... MS-MVP Windows Shell/User ... sure that the directory path exists, and disk space is available. ...
    • Solution for 646
      ... Before you install the update, click on the link on the page (cannot remember ... I have been trying to download updatees for widows vista. ... "Windows encountered an unknown error" error 646.any suggestions as what to ... that button then run or save the installer package then proceed to execute ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
    • Re: please assist
      ... And also when i finally get into windows and just doing regular tasks as ... If you removed any softwares in step 7, restart computer. ... and Windows will want to install video card graphics drivers, ... then download the file to your ...