Re: 'Kitchen'-Timer Applet

From: Sharon Kimble (
Date: 02/12/05

    Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 12:28:09 +0000

    Thomas Zehetbauer wrote:

    > Hi,
    > is someone aware of a 'kitchen'-timer applet for gnome? Something small
    > sitting in the dock that pops up a time entry form when clicked and
    > notifies the user when that time has come.
    > I have already tried timer-applet but this doe not show up in the 'Add
    > to Panel...' dialog and dies silently when started from the command
    > line. Anyone succeeded with this?
    Have you tried 'KAlarm' which sounds like what you want. I use it for timing
    things in the kitchen all the time, very good little program which can also
    play a self-chosen tune if you want it to. But I don't know if it works
    from the command-line, I've never tried it that way.

     12:25:35 up 18:29,  2 users,  load average: 2.33, 2.32, 1.95
    A taste of linux
    Fedora Core 3, KDE 3.3.2-1.6.3, OpenOffice 1.1.3
    Registered Linux user 334501
    Now accepting personal mail for gmail invites
    fedora-list mailing list
    To unsubscribe:

    • Re: Auto-emptying of trash.
      ... blanket-empties the trash can without any care for retaining 7 ... It runs one argument per command. ... efever = ... Registered Linux user 334501 ...
    • Re: [SLE] Package installation mess
      ... > die in 20 secs), my mouse is jerky, etc. ... > successful NVidia & Modem updates ok. ... Have you tried the ncurses version (Yast via a command line)? ... Registered Linux user 231871 ...
    • Re: CD burning problem
      ... I can't seem to burn CD's with FC3. ... I've tried the default Gnome burner ... can be invoked from the command line although it is a graphic application. ... registered linux user 46097 ...
    • Re: cant print from adobe reader
      ... the Adobe reader, then you can define the print command yourself. ... Registered Linux user # 367800 ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    • Re: MacBook Pro: accidentally logged out from Dock?
      ... the Logs menu item of the Console utility. ... launch the Terminal program and issue this command - ... copy command cp as a privileged user. ... I looked there and found three Dock entries under CrashReporter for the ...