Re: CD mounting problems.

From: David Curry (dsccable_at_comcast.net)
Date: 04/01/05

    Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 21:30:49 -0500
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Kam Leo wrote:

    >On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 16:15:05 -0600, akonstam@trinity.edu
    ><akonstam@trinity.edu> wrote:
    >

    >>Has anyone noticed problems of certain CD produced by a CD writer not
    >>readable on certain machines but can be read on other machinesr?
    >>
    >>It seems in our case comercial CDs can be read on machines that can't
    >>read CD+R CDs.
    >>--
    >>
    >>=======================================================================
    >>

    >It is quite common. Using quality media is the first requirement.
    >Recording at the lowest speed that you or the CD-writer can tolerate
    >will also assist.

    In earlier exchanges on the topic of unreadable CDs produced by CD-RWs,
    one poster noted that older CD drives used a slightly different laser
    technology which is unable to read reddish colored CDs. You might try
    writing to some lighter colored CD-R media.

    • Re: Problem Reinstalling Windows XP
      ... It wouldn't boot from any of them, though all worked fine in other machines. ... It did boot & allow me to install from a COPY of one of the CDs. ... I tried using both the Microsoft Windows ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Glitch in 10.4.6?
      ... Now, in my System Preferences, there is no CDs & DVDs icon in the ... The local Apple store says they have it in their ... machines, never heard of such a thing, etc etc. ... did Apple drop the CDs & DVDs from System Prefs? ...
      (comp.sys.mac.system)
    • Re: broken cds: why?
      ... > All cds I've burned on my linux box today seem to be broken. ... other machines. ... It _may_ be possible to adjust the heads in your burner, ... familiar enough with the internals of these drives to offer any way to ...
      (comp.os.linux.hardware)
    • Re: How should I split 1.8GB of AIX 5.3 TL7 data onto CDs?
      ... use CDs as the install medium because I don't have a lot of disk space ... If so, put it all in there, and export it to the AIX boxes (One of the machines must be able to write to that directory to create the .toc). ... - Guess/determine in which sequence the PTFs will be applied. ...
      (comp.unix.aix)
    • Re: Japanese press Philips Limited 24bits paper sleeve CDs
      ... their machines and another. ... some of he American CDs. ... studios of Polygram by WCF. ... mastering in Hannover. ...
      (rec.music.classical.recordings)