Re: Changing Konsole titlebar / tabs {Scanned}

From: Gustavo Seabra (gustavo.seabra_at_gmail.com)
Date: 04/08/05

    Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 09:00:04 -0500
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    On Apr 8, 2005 8:42 AM, Ray Curtis <ray@ccux.com> wrote:
    > On Fri, 2005-04-08 at 08:34 -0500, Gustavo Seabra wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Does anybody know how to change the text on KDE Konsole titlebar (or
    > > the tabs, when multiple shells are open in the same window) to reflect
    > > something like:
    > > user@host::working_directory
    > > and automatically update it if this information changes? I'm using
    > > tcsh, it it makes any difference.
    > >
    > > Thanks a lot!
    > >
    > add to your shell startup i.e .tcshrc :
    > PS1='[\u@\h:`pwd`]/% '

    Thanks. I tried it and, after adding this line to the .cshrc file, I get:
    >source .cshrc
    PS1=[\u@\h:`pwd`]/% : Command not found.

    am I doing something wrong?

    • Re: Changing Konsole titlebar / tabs
      ... when multiple shells are open in the same window) to reflect ... > and automatically update it if this information changes? ... it matters that you are no bash but tcsh user. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Changing Konsole titlebar / tabs
      ... when multiple shells are open in the same window) to reflect ... > and automatically update it if this information changes? ... Hm, tcsh, never used that shell on Linux. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Changing Konsole titlebar / tabs
      ... when multiple shells are open in the same window) to reflect ... > and automatically update it if this information changes? ... Don't know about tcsh, but doesn't this happen by default if you're ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Changing Konsole titlebar / tabs [SOLVED]
      ... >> the tabs, when multiple shells are open in the same window) to reflect ... >> and automatically update it if this information changes? ... Registered Linux user number 381680 ...
      (Fedora)