Re: DNS Setup

From: David Cary Hart (Fedora_at_TQMcube.com)
Date: 04/13/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>, renich@woralelandia.com
    Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:34:04 -0400

    On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 20:46 +0200, Rene Bon Ciric (Renich) wrote:
    > Ok,
    >
    > First of all, I promise I will do a HOWTO when this is over!
    >
    > I need to learn how to use FC3's DNS Configuration Tool. I don't know how to set up one, though.
    >
    > Here is the scenario.
    >
    > Somebody donated to us a dedicated IP (an ORG very much like Second Harvest... we give people food so they can eat here in México).
    >
    > I have set up my computer so it has:
    >
    > httpd
    > mysql 4.1
    > PHP 5
    >
    > enabled. Now, I have to make it work as a DNS too and serve various domain names we have

    Bind is an arcane science. You MIGHT be helped by using webmin as the
    configuration GUI.

    • Re: DNS Setup
      ... > I need to learn how to use FC3's DNS Configuration Tool. ... I have to make it work as a DNS too and serve various domain names we have ... Consider this to be a Static DNS HOWTO. ... interested in learning abotu BIND9, but the other things I learned from ...
      (Fedora)
    • DNS Setup
      ... I promise I will do a HOWTO when this is over! ... I need to learn how to use FC3's DNS Configuration Tool. ... PHP 5 ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Absolute Beginner requests assistance
      ... A HOWTO is a topical document available as a download in various ... configuring hardware. ... HOWTO Linux DNS ...
      (alt.os.linux.suse)
    • Re: DNS fedora box showing P2P activity port 45179 to port 6346
      ... My ISP provider has reported back to me that they have logged ... > If I lock down all but udp 53 with iptables will my DNS still work?? ... > KINGDOM ... Kill Spam at the Source: http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm ...
      (Fedora)