Problem with CD drive

From: Diego Ruiz (diego.ruiz_at_ietcat.org)
Date: 04/15/05

    To: "Fedora List" <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:39:54 +0900

    On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 18:19 +0900, Diego Ruiz wrote:
    Hi all,

    I've just full installed Fedora 3.
    Ntwithstanding that in my previous installation (Fedora 2) the "CD
    Player" was working properly, now, when I introduce a music CD,
    the "CD Player" opens and the window gives a "drive error" message.

    I've checked whether the CD-ROM drive can read data cd's and there
    are not problems. Additionally, I've tested the sound card and it
    is also working alright!

    I've also installed the updates (gnome media) as suggested by Gary
    and the CD Player is reporting the same "drive error".

    The "Soundcard Detection Tool" gives the following result:
    Model: Corporation M5451 PCI AC-Link Controller Audio Devide
    Module: snd-ali5451

    I would realy appreciate any further help,

    Diego

                     Diego Ruiz Hernández
                   www.econ.upf.es/~diruiz

    Universitat Pompeu Fabra, Dept. d'Economia i Empresa
              c/ Ramon Trias Fargas 25-27, 08025,
                       Barcelona, ESPAÑA

    Fall Term:
             Edinburgh University, School Of Management
            William Robertson Building, 50 George Square
                     Edinburgh EH8 9JY, UK

    • RE: Installation of Red Hat
      ... Installation of Red Hat ... I have downloaded Linux 9 from Fedora but my attempts to get it running ... Subject: kernel sources... ... KDE allowed me to get in and check out the drives from the shell. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: "The Fedora Core CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives"
      ... Fedora Core 3 README ... Copyright © 2004 Red Hat, ... Fedora Core is delivered on multiple CD-ROMs consisting of installation ... The first installation CD-ROM can be directly booted into the ...
      (linux.redhat.install)
    • Re: "The Fedora Core CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives"
      ... Fedora Core 3 README ... Copyright © 2004 Red Hat, ... Fedora Core is delivered on multiple CD-ROMs consisting of installation ... The first installation CD-ROM can be directly booted into the ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: "The Fedora Core CD was not found in any of your CDROM drives"
      ... Fedora Core 3 README ... Copyright © 2004 Red Hat, ... Fedora Core is delivered on multiple CD-ROMs consisting of installation ... The first installation CD-ROM can be directly booted into the ...
      (alt.os.linux.redhat)
    • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 4, Issue 259
      ... > One issue I am having involves the ggz installation. ... There could be lots of reasons for a Linux box not to boot into ... > not a Fedora issue, it's a 2.6 issue which SuSE and Mandrake also has. ... > Can a Linux machine route tcp/ip data from a modem link to a local net ...
      (Fedora)