Scsi Tape at Fedora Core 3 with I2O Controller

From: Luciano Johnson (luciano_at_wmanager.com.br)
Date: 04/15/05

    To: <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 17:52:09 -0300

    Hi All,

    I have a computer with a I2O Raid Controller, 2100S.

    After install Fedora Core 3, the scsi tape drive (connected in same controller) is not detected. The Fedora uses i2o_block driver.

    But when I use Red Hat 9.0 itīs detected, with driver dpt_i2o.

    What i can do to detect my scsi tape drive.

    Thanks

    Luciano Johnson

    • [RHSA-2003:145-01] Updated kernel fixes security vulnerabilities and updates drivers
      ... Red Hat Linux Advanced Workstation 2.1 - ia64 ... The Linux kernel handles the basic functions of the operating system. ... cciss driver to 2.4.44 ... Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. ...
      (Bugtraq)
    • [Full-Disclosure] [RHSA-2003:145-01] Updated kernel fixes security vulnerabilities and updates drive
      ... Red Hat Linux Advanced Workstation 2.1 - ia64 ... The Linux kernel handles the basic functions of the operating system. ... cciss driver to 2.4.44 ... Please note that this update is also available via Red Hat Network. ...
      (Full-Disclosure)
    • [git patches] libata updates
      ... All bug fixes except for the one-line Promise PCI ID addition to ahci, ... and the amd74xx.c driver by Vojtech Pavlik. ... pata_efar.c - EFAR PIIX clone controller driver ... + * Copyright 2005/2006 Red Hat Inc, ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • [BUGFIXES 0/2] gdth: fix 2.6.24 driver breakage
      ... boot with the usual message telling, that the rootfs on device /dev/sda1 ... GDT-HA: Storage RAID Controller Driver. ... I hope I'm able to fix the gdth driver for the 2.6.24 kernel and forward. ... and Stefan where able to boot with these patches and work ...
      (Linux-Kernel)
    • Re: Problems with Redhat 9
      ... not a networking one. ... what the NIC does when it's functioning; hardware means getting the NIC ... Red Hat / Fedora has a command or two which probe for NIC's and set up ... Never never never NEVER EVER go to a manufacturer for a Linux driver. ...
      (comp.os.linux.networking)