Tape on a i2o SCSI not seen.

From: GianPiero Puccioni (gip_at_ino.it)
Date: 04/18/05

    Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 12:11:06 +0200
    To: fedora-list@redhat.com

    Hi,

    I have a problem with a DPT i2o SCSI adapter it has a RAID 5 set and a
    HP tape and it worked without problems with Fedora 1.
    Recently I had to reinstall and I used FC3, now the tape is not seen
    anymore. I tried to use the Rescue mode of FC1 and it was still there so
    no HW problems. The difference seems to be that FC1 used the dpt_i2o
    driver while FC3 uses i2o_block and it seems it doesn't work properly,
    it doesn't even show in /proc/scsi, and dmesg shows this:

    SCSI subsystem initialized
    I2O Core - (C) Copyright 1999 Red Hat Software
    i2o: max_drivers=4
    i2o: Checking for PCI I2O controllers...
    i2o: I2O controller found on bus 0 at 73.
    i2o: PCI I2O controller at F4000000 size=1048576
    i2o: using write combining MTRR
    i2o: MTRR workaround for Intel i960 processor
    iop0: Installed at IRQ 177
    iop0: Activating I2O controller...
    iop0: This may take a few minutes if there are many devices
    iop0: HRT has 0 entries of 16 bytes each.
    iop0: Controller added
    I2O Block Storage OSM v0.9
       (c) Copyright 1999-2001 Red Hat Software.
    block-osm: registered device at major 80
    block-osm: New device detected (TID: 209)
     i2o/hda: i2o/hda1 i2o/hda2 i2o/hda3

    Is there a known problem or do I need some options in the configuration?
    Or maybe there is a different driver for other devices attached to the
    i2o.

    Thanks for any help.

    Ciao,
    GiP