RE: Hwclock error - "select() ... timed out" - SOLVED

From: Mark (msalists_at_gmx.net)
Date: 04/25/05

    To: "'For users of Fedora Core releases'" <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:49:49 -0700

    After going through the rc.sysinit and the init.d/halt scripts (that's the ones that call hwclock on boot and shutdown), it looks
    like adding the line

    CLOCKFLAGS="--directisa"

    is the right way of fixing this problem.

    If I am wrong, let me know...

    MARK

      ... Must be related to the mainboard/BIOS of the various Dell systems. ... Is there a config file or do I have to modify the ... > the time against an ntp server. ... > MARK ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: NTP Software
      ... Instead I use a corporate NTP server (probably on a unix ... included in Mark Bixby's routines. ... To join/leave the list, search archives, change list settings, * ...
      (comp.sys.hp.mpe)
    • Re: Hwclock error - "select() ... timed out"
      ... Mark wrote: ... > Must be related to the mainboard/BIOS of the various Dell systems. ... I talked to a support guy and he confirmed that different ...
      (Fedora)