Gnome Pilot: Initalize palmOne Treo under FC3

From: Charles E. White (chuck_at_chuckandmaggi.com)
Date: 05/01/05

    To: fedora-list@redhat.com
    Date: Sun, 01 May 2005 14:12:47 -0400

    I'm a newbie to Linux using Fedora Core 3 and a palmOne Treo (Palm OS
    5.2.1). I've Googled, searched the fedora-list archive, and executed
    instruction found at http://fedoranews.org/tchung/gnome-pilot/. Two
    error messages follow:

    Error Message 1:
    [root@localhost chuck]# pilot-xfer -l
       No $PILOTPORT specified and no -p <port> given.
       Defaulting to '/dev/pilot'
       ERROR: No such file or directory (2)

       Error accessing: '/dev/pilot'. Does '/dev/pilot' exist?
       Please use --help for more information

    Error Message 2 (obtained from '/dev/pilot'):
    This link can't be used, because its target "/dev/ttyUSB1" doesn't
    exist.

    Additional Background:
    FC3 Machine: Sony Vaio PCG-GRX520 (Laptop with no old style serial
    ports)
    FC3 Updates: All installed using up2date
    Random Observation on '/dev/': Browsing the directory, I don't see any
    ttyUSBx.

    If you've read this far, you're a real trooper! Thanks for your time and
    I hope you can help.

    Chuck

    • How do I set up konsole to use ISO-8859-1 and not UTF-8
      ... with small error messages everywhere. ... Earlier (when I had Fedora 2) I walked around the problem with just ... ssh-ing over there and starting an xterm on the remote machine. ... to run a remote xterm window: ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: How do I set up konsole to use ISO-8859-1 and not UTF-8
      ... I have Fedora 3. ... with small error messages everywhere. ... where I can say from menu bar to change the terminal encoding. ... Which program do I use to change gdm settings? ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: FedUp makes F17 no longer boot after botched "upgrade" to F19
      ... It hangs right after the logo has its glow, ... Fedora 19's been doing this intermittently on my machines for months. ... There are no error messages and nothing in the logs. ... I have noticed that since the last 3 upgrades, 3-4 days, it has not happened on my desktop machine and only once yesterday on the dell but that was before the last upgrade. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: The Missing Fedora Manual
      ... Don Russell wrote: ... Most error messages in Fedora are completely useless, ...
      (Fedora)