checksum and CD-burning

chris_at_abacus-computer.net
Date: 05/09/05

    Date: Sun, 08 May 2005 19:49:25 -0400
    To: fedora-list@redhat.com

    Hi,

    I am new with fedora.
    I have downloaded the fedora iso files with my windows PC if I have not
    actually a Linux.

    I saw on redgat that I must make a checksum, but there is no onformation
    how I can do it with Windows.
    Also is there only a hint how to burn the CDs with Linux. But not how I
    can burn the CDs with iso-files on windows correct,

    Can anybody help me?

    best regards
    Chris

    • Re: Re: Deploring *nix Philosophy
      ... > you could set it so users could open and close the ppp interface at will. ... > initially invest in a fedora bible of sorts. ... > bring the complexity or power of the OS down to the level of a windows ... > sure that bringing Linux down to the level of windows home setup just to ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one??
      ... familiarize yourself with (things different from Windows) are CD/DVD/USB-flash ... At this checkpoint you are able to successfully use Fedora for everyday ... purposes and to be able to install new software as needed. ... This huge thread reminded me the first experience i had with linux. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Subject: RE: Fedora and the "normal" user
      ... I know all these are supported in Fedora, ... > has windows installed). ... those with less computer experience settle quicker than 'power ... I like to think windows has most things worked out from the users point of view so use Linux in the back end as much as I can, although saying that staff demanded to use Outlook 2003 last year and the only back end system that would fully support Outlook 2003 was of course exchange 2003. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Given Up on Linux
      ... >>My apologies, but unfortunately, I gave up on the L440GX with Fedora. ... >>Loaded Windows 2000 Server on it and it went fine. ... >>remarks to those who believe Linux is something to get so offended over ... > your hardware and there's always a fix somewhere. ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Re: Evolutionary Humour
      ... gparted resize my ubuntu partition so I can make room for Fedora ... Linux distro, which is getting as far away from Microsoft as possible. ... mess around with and have Windows on separate machines? ...
      (talk.origins)