Re: checksum and CD-burning

From: Erik Hemdal (ehemdal_at_townisp.com)
Date: 05/09/05

    To: <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Sun, 8 May 2005 22:27:10 -0400

    > On Sun, 2005-05-08 at 19:49 -0400, chris@abacus-computer.net wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am new with fedora.
    > > I have downloaded the fedora iso files with my windows PC
    > if I have not
    > > actually a Linux.
    > >
    > > I saw on redgat that I must make a checksum, but there is
    > no onformation
    > > how I can do it with Windows.
    >
    > mmmmm, That I cannot answer but I am sure someone here can
    > give you the
    > answer.

    Google "MD5 checksum on Windows" for MD5 utilities.

    Also, remember to test your burned CDs before installing, when you are
    prompted.

    Erik

    • wireless usb adapter for fedora core 13
      ... I am using Fedora core 13 operating system ... using checksum file in windows ... As much as I dislike absolute step-by-step instructions, ... read messages from the public lists. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Subject: RE: Fedora and the "normal" user
      ... I know all these are supported in Fedora, ... > has windows installed). ... those with less computer experience settle quicker than 'power ... I like to think windows has most things worked out from the users point of view so use Linux in the back end as much as I can, although saying that staff demanded to use Outlook 2003 last year and the only back end system that would fully support Outlook 2003 was of course exchange 2003. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Anything for home user and not the technical one??
      ... familiarize yourself with (things different from Windows) are CD/DVD/USB-flash ... At this checkpoint you are able to successfully use Fedora for everyday ... purposes and to be able to install new software as needed. ... This huge thread reminded me the first experience i had with linux. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 8, Issue 362 (Out of office reply.)
      ... Subject: FC1 Users: Sample yum.conf for Fedora Legacy Updates ... However, more importantly the same problems that beset 1.0 PR1 also beset 1.0 RC1: namely, you cannot install extensions or add search engines as an ordinary user. ... I have to swap between Disk 1 and Disk 2>when I boot-up my PC. ... It is very inconvenient so I>want to setup dual-boot such that I am able to select>the OS at the boot-up time and, in the futre, I can>always switch back to single boot with Windows XP disk>only. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: GRand Unified Boot misery and Fedora Core 4
      ... > And grub sucks. ... > people, but then so does Windows, would you argue that Windows is ... You already installed Win98SE with large disk support, ... thread, get rid of the "hdd=ide-scsi" in your Fedora boot stanza, reboot, ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)