URL tracking

From: Phil (plabonte_at_gmail.com)
Date: 05/25/05

    Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:56:26 -0400
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Hi,

    I need to implement URL tracking on my network. Basically the higher
    ups will want to track the web urls that all the clients are going to.

    Now what is it that I can use the will sniff out all the url's on the network?

    I have a hub between the internet and the internal network...

    could I use Ethereal to sniff out all the packets? Or is there
    something that would only collect the URL's?

    I do not want to modify any of the client settings?

    I know i could use squid but I think I would have to use a box with 2 nics?

    Phil

    • RE: DDoS to microsoft sites
      ... sense that these are network aware. ... The primary difference between the two clients is that the first port scan I ... > - netbios (brute force attack on Administrator account) ... > connected to the Internet. ...
      (Incidents)
    • Re: How to add static routes to ISA Server
      ... I think that the route add should be: ... you want it to represent the whole network and also the subnet should be ... If you want to make your VPN clients like internal users, ... internal network" and "Internet access") so your VPN clients will be ...
      (microsoft.public.isa)
    • Re: [Fedora] Re: Wireless Access Point
      ... I can't enforce that on all of our clients. ... clients which in effect would not allow them to get to any network other ... I just need to figure out how to tell it to have connecting clients fetch an IP from the linux server once I turn off it's internal DHCP. ... However, if one of our employees were to bring in their laptop, they can connect to the same WAP and would be able to see everything "through" that server and access everything on the network (and internet.) So there's some configuration that I need to figure out on the linux server to start with. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Error 0x80072030 returned from call to GetBOConnector()
      ... I do not use PPoE clients on my servers. ... >the internet but the clients do not. ... I was just going to run the wizard again ... >> Generally you have one nic for the internal network. ...
      (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)