Re: No FC2 updates anymore in all repo's?

From: Temlakos (
Date: 05/28/05

    Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 17:44:39 -0400
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <>

    Andy Green wrote:
    > | That is the point where I am... i dont know how to solve that.
    > |
    > | Thank you for the help.
    > If I understand this correctly, many of these problems are coming from
    > apps like apt you installed from a non-Fedora RPM, and because you did
    > not add the repo that contains the FC3 version of these non-Fedora RPMs,
    > yum has no way to upgrade them and complains about the old, incompatible
    > libs needed by the FC2 version.
    > My solution would be to rpm -e, for example, apt, synaptic, bittorrent,
    > opensc and as many of the other FC2-specific things you installed that
    > do not have an FC3 version available in Fedora, and do the yum update
    > again and see what errors are left.
    > - -Andy

    Well then, let's all agree on something: how long after the public
    release of FC4 should we wait until most non-Fedora repos (freshrpms,
    atrpms, dag, dries, etc.) develop their FC4 versions? I assume that
    extras, base, and updates-released are the main Fedora repos that we
    would use.

    fedora-list mailing list
    To unsubscribe:

    • Re[4]: ATI DRIVER installation problems - asking for help.
      ... I took those repos from fedorafaq as you said. ... remove the package "yum-fedorafaq" installed from ... And restored any original driver from your Fedora installation. ...
    • Re: Plan for OpenOffice 2.0.3
      ... RPMs for Fedora are ripped on certain functionality. ... I am using the upstream RPMs for a while - and they work like a charm. ... You have a newer version than is in the Fedora updates and yet yum tells ... Similar problems occur when using incompatible repos, ...
    • RE: apt-get works better than yum
      ... apt-get works better than yum ... You seem to have a problem with your repos. ... When you say repos for apt would that be /etc/apt/sources.lst ... # Fedora Core ...
    • Re: YUM is failing, even after importing GPG keys
      ... # This is a yum.conf for Fedora Core 3. ... if you look down in the "Alternate Repositories" ... # + Added Dries and spc, two more FreshRPMs-compatible repos ... - Fedora Compatible Packages ...