Fortran 77 and Fedora core 4

From: Hoffmann (oasf2004_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 06/19/05

    Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2005 11:04:11 -0700 (PDT)
    To: Fedora-List <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Dear List,

    I just installed Fedora core 4 on my machine, and I
    realized that from GCC 4.0 I got Fortran 95 (g95).
    However, I would like to compile a program on my
    machine that needs Fortran 77 (g77) to compile it.
    Could anyone, please, let me know how could I handle
    that? Should I install a older GCC as well? If
    affirmative, that would cause conflicts to the last
    GCC I got from Fedora? Any other suggestion?
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Best,
    Hoffmann

    • Re: problem with sparc-elf gcc cross-compiler under fedora 8
      ... We are getting different and broken object file output running the same gcc ... cross-compiler on different machines with different versions of fedora. ... version on which we know the compile works. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Tiger Upgrade?
      ... there any sort of backwards compatibility to GCC 3.3? ... written in fortran 77 and compiled using f2c. ... We've not managed to get it to work under GCC 4 on fedora, only getting it to compile when we use the gcc32 compatability packages. ...
      (uk.comp.sys.mac)
    • Re: Compilation problem with Linux
      ... The latest time I successfully compiled Nethack was on March, ... In June, I upgraded to Fedora 13 and now, when I first ... I checked the Fedora 13 release notes and the section about gcc at ... If your project used both libraries A and B, it will not compile ...
      (rec.games.roguelike.nethack)
    • Re: my rwmutex algorithm for Linux...
      ... it should compile on any ... the native PThread read/write mutex vs. my algorithm. ... which was designed specifically for windows, is getting extremely similar performance numbers on most recent versions of Linux/Solaris/OpenSolaris with most recent version of GCC indeed! ... I test on Fedora 10/Most Recent OpenSoalris/Solaris/Windows XP Most Recent GCC.... ...
      (comp.programming.threads)
    • I cant seem to use pow()
      ... I'm using gcc on a fedora 3 system here are what I think the relevant ... [a bunch of stuff snipped] ... When I compile I get ...
      (comp.lang.c)