home directories fedora directoryserver

rob_at_Mokkinksystems.com
Date: 06/27/05

    Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 21:48:47 +0200 (CEST)
    To: fedora-list@redhat.com

    > Message: 2
    > Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2005 08:59:57 -0700
    > From: Gordon Messmer <yinyang@eburg.com>
    > Subject: Re: home directories fedora directoryserver
    > To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    >
    > Rob Mokkink wrote:
    >>

    >> With the console i create users etc.
    >>
    >> In the section posix user, you have got the option home directory:
    >> I tried using nfs something like this dcsrv1:/nfshome/test02
    >>
    >> Nfs server is up and running etc.
    >>
    >> On the client I configured auto.misc with the entry:
    >> nfshome -rw,soft,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192 dssrv1:/nfshome
    >
    > This process is documented here:
    > http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-9-Manual/ref-guide/s1-nfs-client-config.html
    >
    > Basically, if you want home directories in /nfshome, then you need to
    > first put /nfshome in auto.master and refer to the "auto.home" file,
    > which you should then create. That file should contain one line which
    > maps the home directories:
    >
    > * -fstype=nfs,hard,intr,rsize=8192,wsize=8192,nosuid
    > server.example.com:/home/&
    >
    > Users home directories don't need any weird specs, just put the local
    > path in their home directory field (e.g. "/nfshome/test02"). autofs
    > will take care of the rest.

    Ok i have got it working now.

    Thanks a lot.

    Next challenge password synchronisation with active directory.

    • Re: Video Problems
      ... To use get the graphics correctly running on a console for a Dell Precision ... have initial display files that are specific to the system. ... I usually create home directories on one system and have the home directory ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Video Problems
      ... To use get the graphics correctly running on a console for a Dell Precision ... have initial display files that are specific to the system. ... I usually create home directories on one system and have the home directory ... Home directories are located on one main server, say machine A, but each computer has its own password file. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Video Problems
      ... We have a lot of RedHat and Fedora systems. ... To use get the graphics correctly running on a console for a Dell Precision 530 with a display of P992, ... I cannot create an account on the Dell Precision 530 and have the console display work unless the login directory is directly on the 530 with the specific .gconf files for the 530. ... I usually create home directories on one system and have the home directory mounted on a bank of computers so that the user can sit anywhere in the room and log into the same directory each time. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Help needed with server setup at work
      ... Most of the employees mount their home dirs manually, but some are mounted using scripts. ... Employee John knows he belongs to NFS server 1, and emplyoee Britney knows she belongs to NFS server 3 and so on. ... About the union thing I first thought of somehow union mouting all the different home directories on a single machine which then serves as the access point, but I am affraid if that particular machine crashes, then no one can get to their files. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Help needed with server setup at work
      ... Most of the employees mount their home dirs manually, but some are mounted using scripts. ... Employee John knows he belongs to NFS server 1, and emplyoee Britney knows she belongs to NFS server 3 and so on. ... About the union thing I first thought of somehow union mouting all the different home directories on a single machine which then serves as the access point, but I am affraid if that particular machine crashes, then no one can get to their files. ...
      (freebsd-questions)