Re: FC3 --> ubuntu --> FC4

From: James Pifer (jep_at_obrien-pifer.com)
Date: 06/30/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 09:42:15 -0400

    On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 09:08, Matthew Miller wrote:
    > On Thu, Jun 30, 2005 at 08:45:21AM -0400, James Pifer wrote:
    > > Doesn't seem like I'm asking that much out of linux. All I want is to be
    > > able to use my internal laptop display at 1280x800 and use my external
    > > LCD panel at 1280x1024. I'm not talking about spanning or anything. Both
    > > displaying the same thing, so I can close my laptop when I'm at my desk
    > > and use the external. If I open the laptop and walk away with it I want
    > > to use the internal.
    >
    > I think asking to display the same thing at two different resolutions -- and
    > different screen shapes -- is asking a *lot*!

    I'm not even talking about at the same time. If I close my laptop
    display (or boot up with it closed) I should be able to use my external
    display at a different resolution. At one time I had FC3 working like
    this. Windows is able to do it (and no, I'm not interested going back to
    Windows!).

    Thanks,
    James

    • Re: [SLE] Laptop choice - REPORT
      ... So, you now know which is the best notebook, for running Linux. ... > Of course you can avoid the whole ACPI mess if you can find a laptop with a working Linux APM implementation. ... > Display Card ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: FC3 --> ubuntu --> FC4
      ... > Doesn't seem like I'm asking that much out of linux. ... > able to use my internal laptop display at 1280x800 and use my external ... so I can close my laptop when I'm at my desk ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Whats the difference between xclock and clock & ?
      ... You aren't executing xclock locally. ... xclock runs on the remove laptop and attempts to use the X server ... running on your local machine to display itself. ... (either I'm not using Linux, I'm on a Linux machine locally, or I'm ...
      (comp.unix.programmer)
    • Re: turning off antialiasing in xorg
      ... I just want my laptop to display in it's native 1280x800 when ... using Linux. ... I turn off AA fonts in XP too 'cause it's not really ...
      (alt.os.linux)
    • Ruggedized Itronix laptop HOWTO
      ... I bought a cheap ruggedized laptop and got Slackware Linux working on it. ... You have to have some copy of a Linux system to install it. ... Linux kernel and ramdisk. ...
      (alt.os.linux)