Re: Linux Bookmark Manager?

From: Michael A. Peters (mpeters_at_mac.com)
Date: 07/03/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>, delphi123@zebra.net
    Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:22:18 -0700

    On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 15:31 -0500, Benjamin Sher wrote:
    > Dear Tony:
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestion about using Mozilla's bookmarks.html
    > file. I am aware of this option but don't like it. For one thing, you
    > have to download the entire page and then scroll all the way down
    > to find anything. I'll see what else is available.

    What would be really slick is an extension that works with secure upload
    webspace - when you start firefox, it syncs with your bookmark server
    for your profile (IE all bookmarks, work, home, school, whatever
    profiles) and sends new bookmarks to the webspace.

    Closest think I've seen simply replaces existing bookmarks on startup,
    and replaces your master on webspace somewhere on shutdown - but rsync
    is better than that.