Re: Linux Bookmark Manager?

From: Michael A. Peters (mpeters_at_mac.com)
Date: 07/03/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>, delphi123@zebra.net
    Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:22:18 -0700

    On Sun, 2005-07-03 at 15:31 -0500, Benjamin Sher wrote:
    > Dear Tony:
    >
    > Thanks for the suggestion about using Mozilla's bookmarks.html
    > file. I am aware of this option but don't like it. For one thing, you
    > have to download the entire page and then scroll all the way down
    > to find anything. I'll see what else is available.

    What would be really slick is an extension that works with secure upload
    webspace - when you start firefox, it syncs with your bookmark server
    for your profile (IE all bookmarks, work, home, school, whatever
    profiles) and sends new bookmarks to the webspace.

    Closest think I've seen simply replaces existing bookmarks on startup,
    and replaces your master on webspace somewhere on shutdown - but rsync
    is better than that.

    • Re: crossbrowser bookmark sync.. Empfehlungen?
      ... Wenn du Webspace zur Verfügung hast, ... Damit hast du volle Kontrolle, ... wer auf die Bookmarks Zugriff hat und kommst trotzdem von überall ... Anlegen eines neuen Bookmarks auch recht gut automatisieren. ...
      (de.comp.sys.mac.internet)
    • Re: OT: help with saving Mozilla bookmark file
      ... I'm slowly rebuilding my bookmarks - oh gosh it will take forever ... to your new profile or not, but it might not hurt to try. ... Someone just sent me this quote and I couldn't resist posting it. ... strraightforward, fun, ref book to have on hand which helps you get the most ...
      (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
    • Re: OT: help with saving Mozilla bookmark file
      ... spy and adware on my system but it still managed to get ... I'm slowly rebuilding my bookmarks - oh gosh it will take forever ... to your new profile or not, but it might not hurt to try. ... Someone just sent me this quote and I couldn't resist posting it. ...
      (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
    • Re: OT: help with saving Mozilla bookmark file
      ... Very annoying as I had anti-virus, spy and adware on my system but it still managed to get very ill. ... I'm slowly rebuilding my bookmarks - oh gosh it will take forever since I had books, arts and crafts, photography, needlework, gardening, cooking and baking, music, school and scout information, shopping sites, travel, on and on.... ... Among the files there, you should see bookmarks.bak as well as bookmarks.html; I'm not sure if you can simply copy these and add them to your new profile or not, but it might not hurt to try. ... Just suggesting ...
      (rec.crafts.textiles.needlework)
    • Re: Jesus, am I using windows here or what????
      ... You never mentioned which version of Ubuntu you were running. ... If you continue to have other issues with Firefox, your profile may ... You can backup/export your bookmarks from the Bookmarks -> Organize ...
      (Ubuntu)