Re: another Yum problem

From: Claude Jones (claude_jones_at_levitjames.com)
Date: 07/13/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2005 21:44:21 -0400

    On Tue July 12 2005 4:53 am, Michael Schwendt wrote:

    > The following information is missing: What distribution version do you
    > use? What distribution version do you want? Judging from your brief
    > list of repositories, it seems you call something "standard", which is
    > not standard. For Fedora Core Development there is no "Livna"
    > repository. "extras" should be "extras-development". And how well kde-
    > redhat plays with Fedora Core Development is unclear, too. You probably
    > want "updates-testing" instead of "development".

    As you and Paul noted, I did indeed have development turned on ( I use KYum
    which has a GUI which makes it very easy to select/deselect repos). I turned
    off development and extras-development, and now I'm down to a list of 55
    updates, but of those, 50 are from updates-testing. I have no more reason to
    have that repo turned on than I had for the other two previously mentioned.

    If one of you guys would like to, I'd be interested in hearing your views on
    when it 'is' appropriate to turn on those repositories.

    --
    Claude Jones
    Bluemont, VA, USA

    • Re: another Yum problem
      ... > packages have new updates in the past 48 hours, ... > standard Fedora including extras and development, Livna, and KDE-Redhat. ... What distribution version do you ... redhat plays with Fedora Core Development is unclear, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Fedora 7: The Linux Knight in Shining Armor?
      ... What about he secondary repositories for things that will never be in Fedora proper that you have to wait to be released. ... QA is a nightmare with a rolling updates model for the whole distribution. ... then the upgrade would have been painless and happen with normal yum updates. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Apache update from SuSE ??
      ... >> Is this a special SuSE patched version? ... > for your distribution to fix it, but have to build your own Package ... the current distribution is SuSE 8. ... SuSE has a good track record of releasing updates for all supported ...
      (Focus-Linux)
    • Re: I love IP Tables....
      ... vulnerability to be known for more than 3 days in Linux distributions without having the update to fix it released. ... Updates still come through from the base distribution so it's as fast as a stock fedora or centos would be. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Shaping repos according to terminology (was: Choosing YUM Repositories)
      ... > You don't break anything already existing in the distribution and ... We are talking about packages bleding in into the distribution, ... > from doing updates. ... by sometimes replacing vendor packages or not. ...
      (Fedora)