Re: How to set default gateway

From: Paul Howarth (paul_at_city-fan.org)
Date: 07/20/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:22:48 +0100

    On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 09:54 +0800, Hanny Tidore wrote:
    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > my server has 3 ethernet cards: 1 for heart beat (eth0) and the other
    > 2 cards (eth1 and eth2) are bonded as bond0. In other words, eth1 and
    > eth2 are slave to bond0. eth1 and eth2 does not have ip address. Only
    > bond0 has ip address.
    >
    > I put the following into ifcfg-bond0 and /etc/sysconfig/network:
    > GATEWAY=10.10.10.5
    >
    > But it seems that the routing is still not right ?

    You only need to specify the gateway in one place, and that should
    be /etc/sysconfig/network.

    What do you have in ifcfg-bond0 ?

    What's the output of "ifconfig -a" and "netstat -rn"?

    P.S. Please stop top-posting on this mailing list - see
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MailingListRules#replying

    Paul.

    --
    Paul Howarth <paul@city-fan.org>

    • Re: How to set default gateway
      ... Hanny Tidore wrote: ... > Hi Paul, ... > bond0 has ip address. ... > But it seems that the routing is still not right? ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Freebsd IP Forwarding performance (question, and some info) [7-stable, current, em, smp]
      ... 32 bit UP test coming up with new cpu and I'm installing dragonfly sometime this weekend:] UP: 1mpps in one direction with no firewall/no routing table is not too bad, but 1mpps both directions is the goal here 700kpps with full bgp table in one direction is not too bad Ipfw needs a lot of work, barely gets 500kpps with no routing table with a few ipfw rules loaded.. ... Paul / Ingo, ... A few questions/remarks: ... Did you try freebsd4 as well? ...
      (freebsd-net)
    • Re: Odd Routes?
      ... Paul wrote: ... > Over the past 12 hours I have noticed entries like this appear in my routing ... This has happened thre times ... Server admin, support, programming for shared & dedicated web servers ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Odd Routes?
      ... > Paul wrote: ... >> I have no idea what this is, how it got into the routing table, and the ... > Are you running any tools like Portsentry? ... Yes, I am running PortSentry. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Changing the route/routing table
      ... Paul T. ... I'd be surprised if changing the routing table didn't work, ... CreateIpForwardEntry() exists in the Iphlpapi, ... online proof that it will work on Windows Mobile. ...