Re: How to set default gateway

From: Paul Howarth (paul_at_city-fan.org)
Date: 07/20/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 08:22:48 +0100

    On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 09:54 +0800, Hanny Tidore wrote:
    > Hi Paul,
    >
    > my server has 3 ethernet cards: 1 for heart beat (eth0) and the other
    > 2 cards (eth1 and eth2) are bonded as bond0. In other words, eth1 and
    > eth2 are slave to bond0. eth1 and eth2 does not have ip address. Only
    > bond0 has ip address.
    >
    > I put the following into ifcfg-bond0 and /etc/sysconfig/network:
    > GATEWAY=10.10.10.5
    >
    > But it seems that the routing is still not right ?

    You only need to specify the gateway in one place, and that should
    be /etc/sysconfig/network.

    What do you have in ifcfg-bond0 ?

    What's the output of "ifconfig -a" and "netstat -rn"?

    P.S. Please stop top-posting on this mailing list - see
    http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/MailingListRules#replying

    Paul.

    --
    Paul Howarth <paul@city-fan.org>