duel booting with windows XP home edition, and Fedora

From: Alex Aguilar (smashhead2004_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 07/21/05

    Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 23:27:11 -0700 (PDT)
    To: fedora-list@redhat.com

    Hello!

              I already have windows XP home edition installed on my pc, and I am trying to configure my pc to duel boot between windows XP, and Fedora, but first I have to install fedora on a seperate partition. should this partition be a primary partition, or an extended one? also I was reading how to install fedore for windows duel boot, and I got to the part where I am told to insert the CD, type rescue, select language, select skip when I am prompted "Will not attempt to find a Red Hat Linux install to rescue, and then finally where I am prompted (I guess by parted) on what partitions that I would like to repartition. I am told to type one of these commands at the prompt: parted/dev/hdx, or parted/dev/sdx; where "x" is the partition number of the hard drive that I want to partition. Know I am aware that in Linux drives hda1-3 are resurved for primary partitions, while 4 is for a single extended partition, and 5 on up is for logical drives located with in the extended partit!
    ion; but
     what number should I input into the "x" variable of my commands, so that I will not erase windows XP, but yet at the same time still have a fully functional linux operating system?

    http://mail.yahoo.com

    • Re: [opensuse] Spanish nonsense
      ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Laptop power conservation
      ... To unsubscribe, e-mail: opensuse+unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... For additional commands, e-mail: opensuse+help@xxxxxxxxxxxx ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [SLE] QT app not linking under Suse 9.2 solved!!!
      (SuSE)
    • duel booting with windows XP home edition, and Fedora
      ... what number should I input into the "x" variable of my commands, so that I will not erase windows XP, but yet at the same time still have a fully functional linux operating system? ... Do You Yahoo!? ... Mail has the best spam protection around ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: [opensuse] Connecting to WiFi hotspot