Usage traffic details for ADSL connection

From: Parameshwara Bhat (pbhat66_at_rediffmail.com)
Date: 07/22/05

    To: "fedora-list@redhat.com" <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 11:16:38 +0530

    Hello List,

    There is an upload/download limit on my ADSL connection.I want to know
    how much I uploaded/downloaded for a given period to keep tab on my usage.

    I can see even monthwise/ part-month reports in 'kppplogview' for
    connections made by kppp. Does anybody know of a similar utility for pppoe?

    Where does ppp maintain such data? How can ppp be set to maintain this
    data in Fedora?

    I have seen in SuseLinux by default this data is maintained in a file in
    /var/log/ppp. But in fedora I do not see a file in the place.

    Regards

    Parameshwara Bhat