FC4 Problems with auditd

From: Vassilios Kotoulas (fedoralist_at_kotoulas.de)
Date: 08/01/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 20:26:53 +0200

    hi,

    when auditd starts on boot I get an error message about a syntax error
    in /etc/audit.rules in line 5

    this is the file:

    # This file contains the auditctl rules that are loaded
    # whenever the audit daemon is started via the initscripts.
    #
    # First rule - delete all
    -D
    #
    # Feel free to add below this line. See auditctl man page
    #
    # Increase the buffers to survive stress events
    -b 256

    I can't find -D in the auditctl(8). Is it a remain from fc3? I did an
    update fc3 -> fc4 some days ago. How must the first rule look now?

    regards
    vassilios

    --
    Vassilios Kotoulas
    GPG Key ID 0xb1703df8

    • Re: Strange .exe file in Windows
      ... First rule of thumb is to never delete anything you didn't put there. ... Free Online Virus Scan ... 2004 Windows MVP "Winny" Award ... i keep getting an error message that a file - jdfkhbej.exe is ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
    • Re: FC4 Problems with auditd
      ... > when auditd starts on boot I get an error message about a syntax error ... > # This file contains the auditctl rules that are loaded ...
      (Fedora)