Re: Wireless: good signal but erratic speed

From: Colin Brace (cwb_at_lim.nl)
Date: 08/09/05

    Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2005 02:23:43 +0200
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

    >But the speed are often erratic.

    I have very similar experiences with laptop connected to a Linksys wlan
    router. Sometimes the signal even falls away for a minute or so. Alas, I
    don't have enough experience using wireless with other systems to know
    whether this is par for the course.

    --
      Colin Brace | cb@lim.nl
      Amsterdam

    • [fw-wiz] Re: Home/SOHO "Firewall" Routers
      ... >anybody on the list has had any experiences with any of these ... Linksys WiFi Gateway Remote Attack Risk ... Slashdot URL: ... Netgear's silly fix for Netgear Router backdoor ...
      (Firewall-Wizards)
    • Re: Using Debian as an Access Point?
      ... > buy one and would like to know more about you experiences. ... > for myself by having all that stuff separated from my linux machine. ... Router part was more or less okay but not very performant. ... Lost it's settings. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Another good manufacturer tale
      ... >Interesting to read about your experiences and hope you get it all ... >can get reconnected is to take out the power lead from the back of the ... >router, leave it out for a few minutes and then replace it. ... >I would be interested to hear from any other Belkin users as to whether ...
      (uk.people.silversurfers)
    • Re: Modem/Router
      ... Any experiences or comments? ... much of the performance limitation is in the quality of the telephone wiring between your router and the exchange equipment. ... or consistently poor by comparison with the sync speed reported by the router; then you should consider changing ISP! ... Despite what your ISP might tell you, replacement of your router may well be the least important thing necessary for getting better speeds. ...
      (uk.comp.sys.mac)
    • Have NAT Do I need more
      ... Hi folks I am new to the group. ... At present I have a Router with Nat. ... to get pointed in the right direction and what peoples thoughts and ... experiences are. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)