FC4: no more video thumbnails

From: Colin Brace (cwb_at_lim.nl)
Date: 08/18/05

    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:52:09 +0200
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Since upgrading from Core 3 to Core 4 last month, I've noticed that
    thumbnails of videos are no longer being generated in Nautilus folders.
    The clock icon is shown for a few seconds and then the default .avi icon
    is displayed.

    The Nautilus setup page is configured to create thumbnails for files up
    to 1G. JPG and PNG thumbnails work fine. Nautilus also displays the
    thumbnails for video files it created under FC3.

    Some video codec must be missing. But which? I have all the usual
    suspects installed: gstream, xine, mplayer. Any ideas?...

    --
      Colin Brace | cb@lim.nl
      Amsterdam