FC4: no more video thumbnails

From: Colin Brace (cwb_at_lim.nl)
Date: 08/18/05

    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 00:52:09 +0200
    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    Since upgrading from Core 3 to Core 4 last month, I've noticed that
    thumbnails of videos are no longer being generated in Nautilus folders.
    The clock icon is shown for a few seconds and then the default .avi icon
    is displayed.

    The Nautilus setup page is configured to create thumbnails for files up
    to 1G. JPG and PNG thumbnails work fine. Nautilus also displays the
    thumbnails for video files it created under FC3.

    Some video codec must be missing. But which? I have all the usual
    suspects installed: gstream, xine, mplayer. Any ideas?...

    --
      Colin Brace | cb@lim.nl
      Amsterdam

    • Nautilus no longer shows thumbnails
      ... Nautilus no longer shows files thumbnails, except that text files (I can ... no thumbnails are shown for image and pdf files. ... gives correctly a png file when run by root); ... quello che tu sei, non quello che hanno fatto di te." ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: video thumbnail view
      ... See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. ... I don't know the date when WinExplorer first stopped showing video thumbs & ... > thumbnails or previews in Vista's Windows Explorer Business> Edition ...
    • Re: Error and System Lock Up When Opening Up Folder With Video Fil
      ... I finally tried the codecs and after months of crashes - it works!!!!! ... I does not seem to have caused issues with playing, accessing video. ... >> this will uninstall the windows component wich use thumbnails for video ... >> so after u reboot i will no longer view thumbnails for video, ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.video)
    • Re: Nautilus: disabling PDF file thumbnails selectively ?
      ... I love it when Nautilus shows thumbnails for pics and videos, ... I hate it when it thumbnails PDF files. ... would be greatif Nautilus could adopt the plug-in system that ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: Working with large directories
      ... thumbnails of files. ... resolve around sniffing file contents to work out file types. ... Get Nautilus to show a directory with say a smallish number of large ... Nautilus, pretty much, sucks as a file manager. ...
      (Fedora)