Setting up MTA

From: Jonathan Allen (jonathan_at_barumtrading.co.uk)
Date: 08/18/05

    To: fedora-list@redhat.com
    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:43:50 +0100 (BST)

    Hi All,

    Is there a standard tool for setting up the MTA (sendmail for me, but
    presumably the same would be true for postfix) on FC4 ? Some kind of
    X-tool or script that collects the information and writes the sendmail.cf
    file and so on.

    I looked in the archives and saw several recommendations to use linuxconf,
    but that doesn't seem to be present on FC4 even though I did a full install.

    Jonathan

    • ClamAV and Sendmail on FC4
      ... I need some assistance in setting up ClamAV for Sendmail on an FC4 ... First of all, when I try to find tutorials online, I find ... so why aren't these settings being ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Linux aping M$ ?
      ... If this app runs on Slack, ... > monster like sendmail, nor M$ type cartoon-show. ... sendmail, postfix, qmail, exim, and MS Exchange. ... hairy MTA to configure even with m4, so if you need/want an MTA, I'd say ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Linux Box As Local News/Mail Server
      ... postfix is the MTA, replacing sendmail. ... use than sendmail, even with the highly obscure O'Reilly ... archives all incoming and outgoing mail to a set of mailboxes. ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
      ... If the question is "Which MTA should I use?" ... What features were the deciding factor for you to choose Qmail? ... to compare it to Postfix. ... in Sendmail. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
      ... If the question is "Which MTA should I use?" ... What features were the deciding factor for you to choose Qmail? ... to compare it to Postfix. ... qmail than Sendmail or Postfix. ...
      (SuSE)