Setting up MTA

From: Jonathan Allen (jonathan_at_barumtrading.co.uk)
Date: 08/18/05

    To: fedora-list@redhat.com
    Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 12:43:50 +0100 (BST)

    Hi All,

    Is there a standard tool for setting up the MTA (sendmail for me, but
    presumably the same would be true for postfix) on FC4 ? Some kind of
    X-tool or script that collects the information and writes the sendmail.cf
    file and so on.

    I looked in the archives and saw several recommendations to use linuxconf,
    but that doesn't seem to be present on FC4 even though I did a full install.

    Jonathan

    • ClamAV and Sendmail on FC4
      ... I need some assistance in setting up ClamAV for Sendmail on an FC4 ... First of all, when I try to find tutorials online, I find ... so why aren't these settings being ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Linux aping M$ ?
      ... If this app runs on Slack, ... > monster like sendmail, nor M$ type cartoon-show. ... sendmail, postfix, qmail, exim, and MS Exchange. ... hairy MTA to configure even with m4, so if you need/want an MTA, I'd say ...
      (comp.os.linux.misc)
    • Re: Linux Box As Local News/Mail Server
      ... postfix is the MTA, replacing sendmail. ... use than sendmail, even with the highly obscure O'Reilly ... archives all incoming and outgoing mail to a set of mailboxes. ...
      (uk.comp.os.linux)
    • Re: [opensuse] Virtual domain, between Postfix and Qmail
      ... If the question is "Which MTA should I use?" ... What features were the deciding factor for you to choose Qmail? ... to compare it to Postfix. ... in Sendmail. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Quick postfix questions
      ... And I couldn't find it in the Gnome menus, ... If you removed the sendmail package then you don't need to worry ... It is only relevant if you have both sendmail and postfix ... You can see which mta is preferred using ...
      (Fedora)