RE: OT: DNS Failover

From: Mike McGrath (mmcgrath_at_iesabroad.org)
Date: 08/31/05

    Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 11:50:22 -0500
    To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@redhat.com>

    > I'm curious about how others in the Fedora community are
    doing DNS
    > failover. Specifically I have two sites, one primary
    (in a large city)
    > and one secondary (out in the middle of nowhere). The
    idea is that we'd
    > host DNS out of the secondary site to use the web
    servers in the primary
    > site.
    >
    > My question is how are people handling outages at the
    main site. If the
    > primary site burns down or all the servers get stolen or
    something, is
    > my only option a manual of the configs to point from one
    to the other?

    Please don't post HTML to the list, and this doesn't even come close to
    what I'm looking to do. I know how master and slave DNS works, I'm less
    concerned about the actual DNS server and more concerned about where the
    DNS address is pointing to.

            -Mike

    • Re: Help SMPT Errors
      ... FAIL Reverse DNS entries for MX records ERROR: The IP of one or more of your ... it may mean that your DNS servers did not respond fast enough). ... INFO NS records at parent servers Your NS records at the parent servers ... PASS Parent nameservers have your nameservers listed OK. ...
      (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
    • Re: Windows 2000 logon process
      ... Paul Williams ... when clients are accessing the GPO stored in SYSVOL during logon. ... PW>> Sound's like - that's a combination of DNS and Dfs client pointing ... Global Catalogue servers? ...
    • Re: Replication issues
      ... I wanted to say Zone Transfers not Zone Forwarding. ... on 2 servers out of 4 DNS servers. ... DNS and 2003 DNS and how to set up Conditional Forwarding. ...
    • Re: Howto refresh IIS 6 Application pool identity credential info
      ... You already have 80% of the work setup (DNS Aliases and HostHeaders) on the ... domain accounts (one for each layer) should be sufficient. ... The Application Servers are load balanced clustered, ... as the account name and SPN alias is correctly defined on both nodes. ...
    • Re: ad and dns setup
      ... domain It gave me 2 errors, no dns servers have dns records for this dc ... error no logon servers.. ... Make sure that the _msdcs zone exists and the scope is set to ... MCSE, MVP Directory Services ...