Fubar'd grub installing Debian Sarge

From: David Niemi (drn_temp2_at_rogers.com)
Date: 09/02/05

    To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:32:35 -0400

    I tried installing debian to a second hard drive, not letting it touch my FC4 install except when it came to grub install, I
    let it modify the grub installation (silly me) that took me a while to get going right in FC4! Now I get an error 17, and am
    trying to setup grub again using Knoppix 4 DVD, so far so good, gonna test it shortly.

    The point of this message: I installed debian to the second Hd (/dev/hdd1, I've also 2 SCSI RAID 0 disks which in FC are 1 &
    2 = md0), should I mark the partition that I installed debian to as active / bootable as this partition contains the Debian
    /boot ? I didn't split up the install to numerous partitions, just one for simplicity (Ya Right).