Fubar'd grub installing Debian Sarge

From: David Niemi (drn_temp2_at_rogers.com)
Date: 09/02/05

    To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 07:32:35 -0400

    I tried installing debian to a second hard drive, not letting it touch my FC4 install except when it came to grub install, I
    let it modify the grub installation (silly me) that took me a while to get going right in FC4! Now I get an error 17, and am
    trying to setup grub again using Knoppix 4 DVD, so far so good, gonna test it shortly.

    The point of this message: I installed debian to the second Hd (/dev/hdd1, I've also 2 SCSI RAID 0 disks which in FC are 1 &
    2 = md0), should I mark the partition that I installed debian to as active / bootable as this partition contains the Debian
    /boot ? I didn't split up the install to numerous partitions, just one for simplicity (Ya Right).

    • Re: Grub Install on existing Partitioned Harddrive
      ... Grub Install on existing Partitioned Harddrive ... I want to install FC 8 on my Macbook Pro which is already partitioned, and i`m not able to change it. ... Since there is not enough space left on the harddrive i have to install the Linux on a external drive, but thx to Apple it could not boot completely from my external HD, so i had to put my /boot partition in one of the Free 128 MB blocks. ... So 2 Weeks ago i installed Ubuntu and it worked fine, i think because it installed the GRUB bootloader into the MBR of the Windows Partition. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Install failure, /dev/disk/by-uuid/8**** does not exist.
      ... but at the end the install procedure ... broke off and when I tried to boot from hard-disk I got "GRUB loading ... Since the last thing in the install process is the Grub install, ...
      (Ubuntu)
    • Re: install
      ... I wanted to install Debian 6 and I am wondering if we live in 2012? ... Because still the Grub install gave me no Idea were Grub is going and I stoped the installation. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with a subject of "unsubscribe". ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Continue without install grub (y/n) confusion
      ... grub check install ... check LILO install / config ... Check LILO install / config. ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: Relative paths in require_once problem (possibly all include routines)
      ... but when you are on virtual hosting, the only way you can modify ... so I can't fiddle the install. ... the file to another directory without having to modify your code? ... If you can't get what you need from your current host, there are thousands who will give you want you need. ...
      (comp.lang.php)