Re: ide bus settings

From: Alexander Dalloz (
Date: 10/07/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <>
    Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2005 00:53:45 +0200

    Am Do, den 06.10.2005 schrieb David Niemi um 23:07:

    > Looking through the messages log I came across the following:
    > ide: Assuming 33MHz system bus speed for PIO modes; override
    > with idebus=xx
    > Don't most new PCs with SATA have a 66Mhz or faster bus?

    A discussion about this can be found in following thread:

    So don't force the value to be different.

    > What is the command / program for setting the IDE / SATA Settings?

    hdparm / sdparm

    Most settings are autodetected by the kernel and enforcing other
    settings may be dangerous as causing risk of data loss. So act with

    Alexander Dalloz | Enger, Germany | GPG 0xB366A773
    legal statement:
    Serendipity 00:51:24 up 7 days, 9:47, load average: 0.08, 0.14, 0.29

    fedora-list mailing list
    To unsubscribe: