OT: Dovecot+OE+mbox+subfolders

From: Mike McMullen (mlm_at_loanprocessing.net)
Date: 10/29/05

    To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:03:37 -0700

    Hi All,

    I have a dovecot IMAP installation that uses mbox because of a migration
    from UW-IMAP about a year ago. I now have users requesting the ability
    to create subfolders on the dovecot server.

    In OE when they go to do this on the dovecot imap server, the "New Folder" popup
    has the OK option greyed out. So they can't create the subfolder. Is this a limitation
    of OE or the mbox format in dovecot? OE is the default mail client they use.

    If it is in the mbox format and I try to convert to maildir, are there tools to migrate
    mbox format folders to maildir? and how do we migrate the procmail recipes we
    have? Is it possible to train spamassassin from maildir format?

    TIA,

    Mike