OT: Dovecot+OE+mbox+subfolders

From: Mike McMullen (mlm_at_loanprocessing.net)
Date: 10/29/05

    To: "For users of Fedora Core releases" <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 22:03:37 -0700

    Hi All,

    I have a dovecot IMAP installation that uses mbox because of a migration
    from UW-IMAP about a year ago. I now have users requesting the ability
    to create subfolders on the dovecot server.

    In OE when they go to do this on the dovecot imap server, the "New Folder" popup
    has the OK option greyed out. So they can't create the subfolder. Is this a limitation
    of OE or the mbox format in dovecot? OE is the default mail client they use.

    If it is in the mbox format and I try to convert to maildir, are there tools to migrate
    mbox format folders to maildir? and how do we migrate the procmail recipes we
    have? Is it possible to train spamassassin from maildir format?

    TIA,

    Mike

    • Re: Odysseus update, change in file storage
      ... and what they are currently using in the betas) to a maildir method ... rather than the mbox that Eudora currently uses. ... "Maildir" format stores one message per file; ... (like Mbox format), I think this will become apparent. ...
      (comp.mail.eudora.mac)
    • Re: maildirmake
      ... >> you have made a mbox ... Not all applications will recognize a maildir. ... > saying getmail doesn't support mbox and that mbox is fraught with ... Yes, getmail supported the mbox format in the past, but there were too ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: [opensuse] Re: (Dovecot is faster and supports multiple formats -- unlike Cyrus
      ... And Dovecot is very fast.... ... mbox; it probably converted the mail to maildir or UoW was already using ... I doubt very much that mbox format under Dovecot is slow. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Retrieve new articles a la Slrnpull but into an mbox
      ... quarter so as not to end up with a 200-MB mbox on busy groups. ... The tin newsreader can fetch articles in batch mode and can save them ... in mbox format or mail them. ...
      (news.software.readers)
    • Fixing a currupt mbox format file?
      ... In the course of my daily work routines, I'm faced with the task of ... The mail application used is Mozilla on Windows. ... The identical error happens when testing the mbox file in Mozilla ... I realize that there are various drawbacks with the mbox format, however, ...
      (comp.mail.misc)