New PC

From: Guillermo Garron (ggarron_at_alketech.com)
Date: 10/30/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>, For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 15:47:58 -0400

    Hi all,

    I am a returning user of linux after 3 or 4 years :).

    I am just about to buy a new PC i am thinking in a pentium IV Intel with
    an Intel M.B. and with 1 Gb RAM.

    About the NIC, sound and Graphics controller and also modem.

    what considerations should i have in order to have no problems
    installing Fedora 4?

    is there any URL with a description of the compatible peripherials?

    thanks a lot,
    best regards,
    Guillermo.

    • Re: Looking for Recommendations for my next PC
      ... I know RAM is important. ... what is the best kind of CPU? ... the Intel Core2Duo/Quad and AMD X2 CPU are your top ... Any recommendations for power supplies? ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • Re: Best hardware (CPU/MB) for Audio recording/producing (PC)
      ... Get a minimum of 2 GB RAM. ... Also the more powerful the CPU the better. ... Magix Samplitude/Sequoia forum:http://support.magix.net/boards/samplitude//index.php?s=ab95413255547 ... ... Intel Core 2 Duo" that may interest you. ...
      (rec.audio.pro)
    • Re: Decent spec HP nc6000 Centrino laptop
      ... Processor Intel Pentium M 1.7 GHz ... Mobile Technology Intel Centrino Mobile Technology ... Display Tech XGA TFT LCD ... RAM Technology DDR SDRAM ...
      (uk.adverts.computer)
    • Re: 32 bit vista cant address more than 3.1-3.5 GB RAM
      ... GB of RAM. ... instead of EFI kinds of things, this could be the case on Intel Macs ... MS is not alone to blame on that 3.2 GB thing, ... if it really was Intel then Apple would be stuck in the same boat now. ...
      (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
    • Re: Feedback on a Linux Web Page please.
      ... Increasing the RAM on the little ... Intel 800 Series Chipset Motherboard ... Serial Port & 1 Parallel Port ... Onboard SoundMax Audio & NIC 10/100 ...
      (alt.os.linux)