Re: gone?

From: Thorsten Leemhuis (
Date: 11/06/05

    Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 07:25:22 +0100

    Am Samstag, den 05.11.2005, 21:09 -0600 schrieb Jay Moore:
    > On Sat, 2005-11-05 at 19:13 +0100, Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
    > > > But, isn't there a way to add mirrors instead of changing the base url?
    > > You can use something like this:
    > The "mirrorlist=" spec apparently refers to a URL that has a list of
    > URLs that are "baseurl's" - is that correct?

    > If so, why doesn't livna publish a mirrorlist URL?

    See earlier in this thread in the mail from dams; you'll find

    there. But as you might notice, this currently does not work, too,
    because is (still) down.

    I prefer to hard-code my mirrors with a fall-back (like livna.repo
    sample I send out earlier). I know which mirror is reliable and near to
    me -- and if it's down it skips to the next.

    There is also a yum plugin that automatically finds a fast mirror -- but
    the plugin can't know if that mirror is fully up2date.

    Thorsten Leemhuis <>
    fedora-list mailing list
    To unsubscribe:

    • [ANN] stablemirror - a yum plugin for stable, up-to-date mirrors
      ... Stablemirror is a yum plugin to choose a stable, working, up-to-date mirror ... Stablemirrors makes sure to check the date of a mirror before using it. ...
    • Re: Updates SOLVED! ... Or is it!
      ... You and Michael SwendtAre a couple of people whom I thought would respect my perspective however if you have the inside info on the really coool new fastestest mirror patch then I will forgive you your prolix. ... `yum install the fastest coolest mirror`? ... Yum plugin which chooses fastest repository from a mirrorlist ... prior to downloading packages. ...