Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!

From: Anthony J Placilla (anthony_placilla_at_SUTH.COM)
Date: 11/07/05

    To: For users of Fedora Core releases <fedora-list@redhat.com>
    Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 15:15:19 -0500

    On Mon, 2005-11-07 at 14:58 -0500, Nat Gross wrote:
    > So, why didn't yum do it until now? I have done '#yum -y -update'
    > hundreds of times on this system. I didn't change anything on mysql.
    > um..For some silly reason I have Amarok on this machine. Since the
    > latest version of Amarok uses mysql (so I read) could it be that
    > Amarok told yum to do it.
    >
    > And as far as rtfm, yes, but yum should warn before doing a mass
    > deletion like that. The -y switch is for updates, not deletions!
    >
    > -nat
    > --

    Ummmm. no.

    options

    -y answer yes for all questions

    this switch will tell yum to just do it. whatever it is.

    --
    Tony Placilla, RHCT
    anthony_placilla@suth.com

    • Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!
      ... I didn't change anything on mysql. ... > um..For some silly reason I have Amarok on this machine. ... > Amarok told yum to do it. ... The -y switch is for updates, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!
      ... I didn't change anything on mysql. ... > um..For some silly reason I have Amarok on this machine. ... > Amarok told yum to do it. ... The -y switch is for updates, ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!
      ... >> that according to the FC distro comps.xml file, Amarok uses MySQL 3.x. ... yum just did its best to get you up to date according ... It doesnt downgrade packages ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: Yum disaster! DELETED mysql!
      ... I didn't change anything on mysql. ... > um..For some silly reason I have Amarok on this machine. ... yum just did its best to get you up to date according ... > deletion like that. ...
      (Fedora)
    • Re: amarok 1.3.5 and mysql???
      ... > the mysql dependence to appear (just because there is nothing special ... Why not just grab the source RPM and modify the spec file to make sure Amarok is ...
      (Fedora)